Child Custody, Visitation and Fathers’ Rights

Parenting Rights and Visitation

Law Office of Kevin P. O'Malley, P.C.


Child Custody, Visitation and Fathers’ Rights
Medford, MA Child Visitation Lawyers

The Boston parenting plan attorneys at the Law Office of Kevin P. O’Malley work with clients to develop child custody and parenting agreements that serve the best interests of the child.

A good child custody agreement will not only spell out custody and parenting plan arrangements, it may also specify how children will be exchanged, how driving obligations are handled, where children will stay for school breaks and summer vacation, and children’s rights to spend time with grandparents and extended family. The parenting plan can be as specific as your family needs it to be.

Change of Custody Orders

There are many reasons why parents may seek a change of custody order.

  • The child may want to live with the other parent
  • A parent may be moving out of state but wishes the child to remain
  • A parent may be moving out of state and the other parent wishes the child to remain
  • The child may be sharing time more equally between the parents
  • A child may be in an abusive situation

If you believe that a custodial parent is being abusive or neglectful of your child, seek legal counsel. The attorneys at the Law Office of Kevin P. O’Malley have helped non-custodial parents, and even grandparents, to achieve a change of custody in instances where a child was in danger. We have access to private investigators to prove abuse and endangerment. Contact our office to take the next critical step in safeguarding your child.

Is Your Ex-Spouse Withholding Visitation?

Sometimes an ex-spouse will spitefully disallow visitation, or disallow it because the other spouse is in arrears in child support. This is illegal. The attorneys at the Law Office of Kevin P. O’Malley will take your case back to Family Court to help you secure your parenting rights.

Are you unable to pay your child support due to a loss in income or increase in expenses? Don’t Just Stop Your Child Support Payments! Falling behind in child support could lead to the loss of your drivers license. Let us help you take your case back to court.

Supervised Visitation

Parents have rights to see their children, even when the parents cannot get along with each other. And a parent has a right to see their child even if he or she has had a past history of abusive behavior. The custodial parent may, at the initial divorce hearing or at a later time, ask the court to order supervised child visitation. Our child visitation lawyers can advise you on this process. Contact our office to schedule an appointment.

Grandparent Rights

Massachusetts state statutes give grandparents the right to go before the Family Law Court to seek visitation. While that right has been curtailed somewhat by Supreme Court rulings, it is still possible to take your case to court. Our child visitation lawyers will work with you to prove the existence of a bonded relationship and that a continuing relationship with a grandchild is in the best interests of the child.

The attorneys at the Law Office of Kevin P. O’Malley have successfully represented fathers and grandparents in custody and change of custody cases. If you are seeking a fathers’ rights attorney to bring your case to court, contact our office to discuss your child custody goals.


Phone: 781-395-7070

Fax: 781-391-6919

Business Hours: 8a-5:00p M-F

Address: One Shipyard Way Suite 1190 Medford, MA 02155

Life Can Change Unexpectedly

Contact us today for a consultation